Kristi tagged me to answer these questions after she did, so I being the true tag-me-and-I-will-respond-kind-of-friend here goes. (If you want to see a really creative answer to this tag, click on Bassetts under the interesting reads, she did a great job!)
What were you doing 10 years ago? I was starting my first semester at BYU. Living on my own for the first time, living with roommates (two people I'd never met before), and trying to understand why it was so weird to have to buy my own toilet paper. I mean really, it was always there for 18 years, and then all of a sudden I had to take care of it. Basically, I was growing up.
What were you doing 5 years ago? I had spent the summer working at Oakcrest, and I was probably still trying to catch up on my sleep. When I wasn't sleeping, I was working at the Boys and Girls Club, specifically Copperview Elementary in Midvale. Oh, the stories I could tell about those kids... so funny!
One Year Ago. . . I was falling deeply in love with Beau, and wondering if we would end up together or not. I'm so glad I never have to wonder again! And I had just started working at Granger High School to complete my internship for my master's degree, and working at Redwood Elementary teaching social skills. Again, the stories I could tell about those kids... SO funny!
Yesterday. . . I worked all day (writing something akin to a grant, it's my lot in life I've decided), then I went home where my fantastic husband had our dinner already started (in the crock pot) and it smelled so heavenly. Then we ate dinner and watched We Are Marshall. It was so good, and yes I got all choked up several times, even though I'd seen it before. I know, me crying, what a shocker...
5 snacks that I enjoy. . . I'm working on letting Beau rub off on me so I want to snack on healthy things like carrots, Wheat Thins and other things like that, but it hasn't happened yet. There's still hope, I promise.
Starbursts
Fritos
My mom's fresh salsa and chips
pickles
popcorn (the really salty buttery kind)
Five things I would do with a million dollars...
Buy a house
Pay for Beau's schooling and go to school again myself
Build cabins at Bear Lake for my family
Quit my job and work at Redwood
Take my dream trip to Prince Edward Island (so I can finally pretend I'm Anne of Green Gables)
Five places I would run away to. . .
Nauvoo
Alaska (I've always wanted to be from there, I don't know why)
Oakcrest (only if I have no responsibility,and all the fun people that I worked with before come with me, and we get to make ash cakes and not carry any dutch ovens up East)
Bear Lake
Greece (just to see what it's like because I've never been there) and if I don't like that, I'll go to my parent's house because they pamper me.
Five TV shows I like... I know, these are all really boring, but ever since Alias took over my life when it was on, I don't want to get into any show that I have to watch all the time.
Alias
Ed
Friends
Reba
What I like about you
Five things I hate...
Cleaning (though I LOVE ironing)
Blood and veins (there are lots of vein commercials on KSL these days and it really grosses me out!)
When my dad is disappointed in me. (I'd like to know the secret to instilling that in your kids)
Missing the kickoff at a BYU football game.
Getting out of bed in the mornings. No I am not depressed. It doesn't matter what time it is, I just hate getting up. I think it's so rude to have to get out of a nice warm bed to go do something that can never be as nice as just laying there soaking in the warmth.
Five people that I tag...
Beau
Jen
Donnarae
Cricket
Aunt Delilas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love hearing these things and getting to know people better. I remember you telling me about the toilet paper before. . .you're hilarious! That's how I felt about things like plungers when I got my own house. That and garbage cans. We spent like $30 just getting enough garbage cans for our house. Geez.
Post a Comment