So this week, I had to deal with this....
And drove out of town. Well... it was only about a half our drive from my house and about 10 minutes from Becky's, but we had to take the New Legacy Highway. It was my first time on it, and it was such a different perspective that I felt like I was in a new place. It really felt like I was on vacation, so I decided that it would be my vacation. Anyway, so we drove to the bay, down a long, washboard dirt road and got to see some pretty cool birds.
This is Farmington in the background (I think) and I thought it was cool that we were so close to the city, but it seemed we were in the middle of nowhere.
We saw many different species of birds, most of which we didn't know what they were. But Becky, wow, who knew she had so much knowledge of birds. Crystal did get an expert opinion, from her brother that is studying wildlife management, about one particular bird we kept seeing. The only birds I could identify were Eagles and Seagulls. Yep, I'm smart.
I'm pretty sure this eagle was posing for this picture, but when we drove a little closer, he/she thought we were part of the paparazzi and took flight.
They were all just hanging out... waiting for the carp to die so they could feast, I guess.
This is Becky's muddy truck from our drive. We decided to end the vacation with a car wash. Don't go to this one, it's pretty picky about how to park inside. It was not very pleased with us.
Here are the cute kids. They did so well on the ride. These two slept most of the time, so we could really enjoy ourselves. It was pretty cold when we'd roll down the windows or open the doors to take pictures, so we bundled them up. Here they are in the hats Crystal got them for Christmas. Seth is about a month older than Nora. They decided to hold hands on their own. We just put them next to each other. They sat like this for about a minute, and then decided to check each other out by grabbing at each other. That's where the fun ended.

Then there's Luke. He was the post ride entertainment. He decided that Crystal's purse would be a good horse. He's a funny kid!
It was a great vacation, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks Crystal and Becky for the fun outing. I can't wait to do it again. And if any of you Wasatch Front people want to see the cool eagles, it is Eagle Day at the Bay on Saturday. There are supposed to be hundreds of eagles to see. I highly recommend it.
3 comments:
Wow, cool I have never heard of Eagle Day! I am going to send my parents there!
Sorry you needed a field trip. Blowouts are the worst.
If you ever need a vacation further away my house is all yours! It's a mere 24 hour drive away!
That is cool. I didn't know we got that many around here, and I only live two towns away from farmington. Maybe we'll try it this weekend. Nora is so cute. I love her hat.
I hate blowouts! I'm glad Conner is mostly out of that stage. I'm glad you found Farmington Bay. It's so pretty there, I love it.
Post a Comment