Friday, August 15, 2008

Lots of stuff...

We had quite the busy weekend, and it's taken us all week to recover.

It started out with a big carb-loading dinner at Cherice and Kenny's house for everyone we know that was involved in the Provo 1/2 marathon the next morning. There's nothing better than pasta (and all of the different pastas were delicious), Olive Garden salad and breadsticks. Donnarae even brough me some strawberry sorbet so I could have dessert. We headed home to pack and get to bed early.

Beau woke up Saturday morning at 3:00 to get ready to meet the gang to drive to the race. I was not participating in the race, except at the end when I could take pictures and cheer people on. Here's the gang pre-race.


It was fun to see all the people running, and I even got choked up a time or two. We were able to see everyone from the family run by right at the end. It was great! Nice work all you runners. Here are pictures of everyone.

Beau is the far away guy because I am horrible at taking pictures of him running. I'm always afraid I'm going to miss him completely so I take it too early, then I run out of time to take another one. I guess I'll have to keep trying.

Donnarae and Jon ran together the whole way. Aren't they cute?

My sister Becca ran too fast so we had to do a pretend picture after she finished.

Cherice and Jen ran by us with smiles. They did awesome!

Beau at the end getting a well deserved drink.

Here's the gang post-race. It was nice that they could all still smile, I don't think I could have.

Then we rushed home so Beau could shower. He got ready really quickly, and we headed to the airport. That's right... we hopped a plane to Phoenix then to Los Angeles. Phil (Beau's dad) and Katie were getting married that night, so we got there as quick as we could. The only mishap of the trip was forgetting Beau's suit coat on the chair while in the Pheonix airport. Beau was able to rush off, find it where someone turned it in to a ticket agent and make it back on the plane before we left. It was quite the adventure.

Joel came and picked us up from the airport and we headed to the boat. We had time to hang out with the Cam, Joel, Becca and the kids before getting on the boat. Then it was all celebration time. Phil and Katie were married right at the beginning of the four hour boat ride, and we were able to clebrate in style the rest of the night. It was great to sit and watch the bay, meet Katie's family, get re-aquainted with Phil's sisters and just hang out. Then there was a great dinner (Beau still talks about the shrimp) and dancing. Beau, Joel and Cam were the hit of the evening when everyone else sat down and watched them use all their moves to "It Takes Two". Good times... and I can't wait to see the video of that one. It was a wonderful evening, and a great start to our weekend in CA. Here are some pictures that Becca and Joel took because, once again, we forgot the camera.


Beau and Allisun meet Quincy. She is the happiest little girl I've ever met.


The bros. That was Beau's favorite part... hanging out with the fam.



Allisun and Quincy hanging out before the wedding.


Phil, Katie and the boys.

Allisun hanging out with the Cartier kids. They are sweet!

Joel, best man. Phil, groom. Katie, bride. Jenny, maid of honor.

Our dinner table. It was delicious. And how can you beat that view of the harbor?

The bride and groom at dinner. They threw a great celebration.

Sunday was great with a brunch in the morning, and hanging out at Phil and Katie's house all day. We watched the Olympics, napped, ate and enjoyed the company. It was a great day, and a good time to get to know everyone.

Aunts, parents and cousins. It was fun for me to meet them, and fun for Beau to see them after a long time. They are all so nice are welcoming. Thanks for treating us so well.

Becca, Keegan, Joel and Cam. Good times at the breakfast table.

These boys kept us entertained the whole time. Thanks for playing Colby and Keegan.

Quincy in Beau's sunglasses. Beau really enjoyed getting to know her, and being able to play with her.

Monday morning we hopped a plane home and then went to the Bees game. Beau's work had their summer party in a suite at the game. It was good food and a good game. All the accountants had to have something besides the game to make things exciting, so they came up with something for everyone to look forward to. It's kind of hard to explain, or maybe I'm just lazy, but because of the game Beau ended up with $50 after the 9th innning. I spent the train ride home dreaming of what we could squander the $50 on.

We got home and both dropped into bed... then it was back to real life!
We are happy to be rested, but we miss everyone. Hope life continues to go well for you all!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow! Mividaloca huh!

I know what you mean about crying while watching the race. When Blaine ran in a marathon I had parked myself right on top of a hill and I cried for seriously, like everyone. I was so proud of everyone! Way emotional (and I wasn't even pregnant!).

Secondly are you still pregnant? You look so skinny!!!

Becca & Joel said...

I had to steal a copy of the pic of Quincy in the shades... super cute! After reading your post, I realized I left TONS of important details out of my journaling - thank goodness you covered it all for me, cause mine was WAY too long with the pictures anyway! When it's time to get our book printed, I'll be adding in your page too - to make it more complete! Hey, cute pic of you and Boo at the square too!

Linds said...

you look super cute holding that little baby! :) can't wait to see yours