It was so great to have a vacation in February, so we decided to do it again. My friend Ashlie (whom I've been friends with since 5th grade) had a husband that was working a lot while Beau was working late, so we decided to take a trip to So Cal. Her husband works for Disney, so they get crazy deals. In addition her sister lives down there, so we could stay with her. So, we packed up our 5 kids and Ashlie's sister and headed out. These pictures are in the backwards order, sorry.
Ashlie got us in to Disneyland for an awesome price! We spent about 12 hours there, and it was so fun.
Nora loved the Rapunzel show.
Tate, not so much.
Always fun on the carousel... mostly because there was no wait.
We were lucky that Uncle Cameron had the day off, and was able to join us. He spent all day catering to the kids. What an awesome uncle! It was nice to have a second pair of eyes to keep track of Tate.
All the kids on the pirate boat. Those girls were awesome, they helped take care of the little kids the whole trip. They are such good girls! Nora loved sitting by them in the car, and doing what they did. Liam and Nora are less than a year apart, but they got along really well. Tate and Corbin had their moments of not getting along... they are 2.
They little boys had fallen a sleep, so I sat with them in the shade while everyone else went on this ride. Cam was so sweet to Nora, and she loved spending the time with him.
This was Nora's favorite ride. It was pretty fun, and the most exciting ride I could do with my pregnant belly.
It was a long day, but oh, so much fun. We just did whatever the kids wanted, and it was super relaxed, even with the large crowd.
We went to a really fun park one of our first days there. There was a carousel.
We went up in a hot air balloon, that was tethered to the ground. It was super high.
We also spent and evening with Grandma Katie and Grandpa Phil. It was fun to spend time with them. Thanks for the fun vacation Ashlie, Booklyn, Liam and Corbin! And thanks to Megan and her family for the use of their home.
Here's a story for posterity.
Megan, Ashlie's sister, was nice enough to let us borrow her car to go visit Grandma and Grandpa. We decided to meet Ashlie and family at the Disney employee store to get discount Disney goods. Katie helped me find the way to get there, and we were good to go. I put the info in my GPS on my phone to help with directions. About 5 minutes before we were to arrive, my phone died. I could remember the rest, so it was ok. Both kids were sleeping, and it had been an ok drive. When I got there it was a run down neighborhood. There weren't any people out, and it was about dusk. There were not businesses within a few block. I started driving away, but couldn't figure out where I went wrong, it was the address I had. Then I started freaking out. I had no phone, no way to call anyone, no idea where the place was, no idea how to get back to Megan's. I started praying I would find an LDS church with people there. I drove to a main road and just started driving. After a few minutes and a few (a lot) tears, I saw a fire station. I figured they would probably help me. When I turned around to go back to the fire station, I saw a sign for a public library. I was sure that was where I needed to go for help. I parked at the library, woke the kids up, and went inside. When I got there, I broke down. I'm sure they had no idea what to do with me. I didn't know Ashlie's phone number, and nobody had a charger for my phone. So they let me use the phone, and I called Beau. He emailed Ashlie because he didn't have her number either. I was crying my eyes out. I decided that if I couldn't figure out where to go, I would just drive back to Phil and Katie's house for the night. The library workers helped me find the correct address (I put west instead of east, or something like that) so I could drive to the Disney store. I was like an hour late, and the store would be closing soon, so I was stressed I would miss Ashlie. So, we got back in the car, and drove another 15 minutes to the store. I saw Ashlie's van there, and was so happy to be there. I walked in the store, with the kids, and they told me I couldn't go in without employee ID or as the guest of an employee. I said, that's fine, I'll wait here for my friend that is inside. As I stood there, and could see part of the small store, I started crying again. So many emotions, and they had to get out through my eyes. Ashlie's dad saw me and came over to say hi. He took one good look at me, and said "I'll go get Ashlie." When he walked away, all the workers felt badly for me, so one came up and said I cold be her guest and come in. I kept trying to tell them I was fine waiting, that I just had a bad experience getting the, and I'm pregnant, but they just felt really bad. So I walked in to the store to find Ashlie, Megan and their mom. Then I really started crying. I told them what happened, and was seriously out of control with they crying. Good thing this great family knew me through middle school, so they weren't too shocked by my blubbering. After that was over, we had about 10 minutes until the store closed. I rushed to find some souvenirs. We got them, and then drove home. It was crazy, and I'm glad that someone was looking out for me. I hope to never repeat that experience, and will always have a charger with me, and will memorize the numbers of people I travel with.
No comments:
Post a Comment