There were plenty of fun things to do there.
Nora had a fun Halloween party at dance. Nora decided in the Spring to be a black cat, and she didn't change her mind at all.
So, I didn't go trick or treating when I was young. We had a tradition started by my great grandma, I believe. It's called "Happy Halloween-ing." It is when you take pies to people in the neighborhood, for my grandma it was to all the widows and widowers or shut-ins. We would dress up in our costumes, usually it was Halloween night, and ring the doorbell and when they answered we gave them the pie... yelled happy Halloween, and ran away. The rule was that you had to get away before they could give you any treats. If you got a treat, you got in trouble. So, my Aunt and cousins still do this every year. They went a few days before Halloween, so the kids and I joined them. And Grandma was there too, so it was fun to hear more about how it all started. It was fun to share part of my childhood with my kids. I would love to do it again.
On Halloween morning we went to our friend Crystal's school, where she teaches, and Nora walked around in the parade with her. Nora loved it, and it was fun to see all the costumes. Thanks Crystal!
Nora also had a fun Halloween party at preschool. I was able to go and help with a game, and then they had a parade around the houses next to her school. She loved it!
Tate wouldn't keep the costume I had for him on, so we changed and just got him clothes he could wear. He was an Angry bird. This is the best picture I could get of him. He doesn't hold still very well...

















No comments:
Post a Comment