Monday, August 13, 2012

See Nora Go to Preschool

We decided to let Nora start preschool this year. I had a big debate (mostly with myself) about if she needed two years of preschool, and if it was worth the expense. When I got a recommendation for a good preschool with really good tuition prices, we decided it was worth it. So she is going three days a week, and is loving it. This is her first day of school outfit, complete with her new backpack and haircut.
I cried a little bit when I walked her in the first day. She went right in and got started doing her things, and hasn't had a problem since then. I needed a while to recover, but have been enjoying the time to get things done. Even when I picked her up from school and both knees were scraped from falling down, she couldn't wait to go back.
Today, the first day of the second week, she asked if I would stay at the gate and she would go in herself. She's getting so big, and I miss her a little while she's gone. It's been good for both of us. Here's to a new phase of life!

2 comments:

Becca said...

She is SO STINKIN' CUTE! New phases are SO bittersweet! You are a great mom Vanilla! Love yer guts!

Doug said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog. Nora is the cutest. I remember when Raquel first went to school. It was a little the same for each of you, but the first is the worst. But when you each left after high schoo, it never got easier as each left home. Thanks for all the pictures.