While Beau was in China, I was very sad, and scared of being lonely. So, I stayed at my sister and brother-in-law's house while they went out of town. Their kids kept us entertained and busy so we didn't miss Beau too much.
Here's a little about Beau being gone, so I don't forget. We had planned how to get in touch with each other, upgraded to an international calling plan on my phone, and thought we'd worked out all the details. The one thing we didn't know was that Beau's phone would not work at all while in China. He found that out when he got there. So after three days of not knowing anything, and sinking into a depression, I decided to take matters into my own had. I had his itinerary, and it had hotel phone numbers on it. So I called the hotel he was supposed to be in, and hoped they spoke English. After hearing them answer in Chinese. I asked if I could speak to my husband. After giving them his name, they connected me to a room. Beau's roommate answered, and told me he was at the gym. I called back three times waiting for Beau to get done. Finally we were able to talk. I think we were both so happy to talk that we didn't say much. It was so great to know that he was safe, and enjoying his time there. The rest of the trip went faster, and we made a plan to communicate, and everything was better.
It was fun to stay with the Robertson kids, and I realized that my sister pretty much lives in her van. She drives A LOT. Thanks for letting us stay, and thanks Madison, Jessica, Jerrett and Alex for entertaining Nora, Tate and me.
After Eric and Raquel came home, the kids and I took a trip with my parents. We went to Logan, on a perfect weather weekend, and enjoyed the Fall activities they had up there. We went to the American West Heritage Center and stayed all day. It was so fun for Nora, and we all enjoyed the festivities.
We swam in the hotel pool, watched BYU play football (on TV) and had good food and enjoyed out time together. Nora asks every once in a while when we are going to go to the hotel in Logan with Grandma and Grandpa again. Soon, I hope soon, but with Daddy this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment