Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My least favorite season...

Tax Season. It's no secret that I'm not a huge fan. Beau works 6 days a week, for long hours. This season has only been a recent addition to our lives, but it something I have to start dealing with. Last tax season, I was planning our wedding and living with roommates, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. This time I have 500 square feet of space all to my self. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get bored. I've been trying to figure out how to not go crazy and beg Beau to not go to work everyday... and I decided to take a class at UVSC. I picked a Digital Media class because I want to learn more about doing stuff on computers. I wasn't really sure what that meant, but it sounded interesting. I showed up for class on Monday, completely unprepared. I didn't think about books until that day, I didn't know what room it was in, and I didn't have anything to take notes on. So, five minutes before class started, I borrowed some paper from a co-worker, looked up the room number and headed off. Seven flights of stairs and ten minutes later, I walked in to class. It was supposed to be a 2 hour class, but after 35 minutes, we were done. I was collecting my stuff, and I recognized this laugh behind me. I turned around and there was Talula (Jennifer) from Oakcrest! It was great to see her. We talked for the rest of the 2 hour class. I'm so excited to have a friend in the class. It makes it even more exciting. So be looking for my great projects, or not so great, as I learn this semester. Yea for taking a class!!

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Way to go! That is an awesome idea. I wish I was living in Utah so I could come hang out with you while Beau is gone... It's so funny how life changes; just yesterday I was wishing for some alone time... I bet I won't get alone time any more until I am retired. Not that it is that bad all the time, yesterday was just a particularly hard day. Man, the grass is always greener.

Korth Klan said...

I am so jealous. I wish I could take a class on something that just sounds interesting. Live it up, sis.
Cherice

Jen said...

Fun! If I have questions, I'll know who to turn to! You're more than welcome to come hang with us ANYTIME!

Unknown said...

Vanilla, I'm so impressed with you. I love that you have gotten your degree, your masters, you went to floral school, and you are still able to learn more, and you love it (at least that's the impression I get :) ). I think it's awesome that you get to take another class and hooray for Talula!!

Sassy

Haley said...

I love it when unexpected friends show up in classes.

Becca said...

Ah, Allisun! You can come visit me!...I wish I would have known you were going to be bored before you took the class...:)
Good for you. I sometimes think I should take a class..

Bekah said...

How great that you have a class with Talula! It's such a small world, especially if you've worked at Oakcrest! I'm glad you're doing well! I love and miss you!

Duds

PS- tell Talula hi!