Since we were downtown we decided to stay and eat at the Blue Iguana. It's a good Mexican restaurant. (Here's a tip for those people who get the newspaper here, every couple of weeks or a month there's a 2 for 1 deal for the Blue Iguana that you can use!) We had a good dinner, where we forgot to take the boxed up leftovers with us. So for the second time at the same restaurant, Beau had to run back to the table to snatch the box before it got thrown away. Good times!
After that we decided to go see the lights at Temple Square. It had been snowing all day, so we were worried that it would be cold. We got the blankets out of the trunk, wrapped them around us and headed off. It was a beautiful night, not too cold and not very crowded. It was fun to walk around and see what was different about the lights this year. It was a red tree year, so that was fun for me. (The red tree is one that is right next to the Temple that they cover in red lights. They used to do it every year, but since it's getting so big they trade off years. I was excited to see it this year.) The other thing that changed is the White Way of Delight (that's only my name for it) by the Assembly Hall is now the Orange Way of Delight. It was one of my favorite spots because it reminds me of the scene in Anne of Green Gables where they are driving from the train station, and they go down the road where the trees are in blossom. She names it the White Way of Delight, hence the name I chose. It's different with orange lights, but I can't complain because it is my favorite color.
Here are a few of the pictures we were able to get.
We got compliments on our blankets from one lady. Who knew they were "beautiful"?
I love how you can see the lights through the snow. The lights with new snow is so beautiful!
It was a great weekend, and we really got in the Christmas Spirit. Now we listen to is Christmas music a lot. We are excited to spend our first Christmas together, and with both our families. That's right, we are going to see both our families on Christmas Day. We are flying to Seattle on Christmas morning! We are so excited. My family gets together and has a big party on Christmas Eve, so we'll be here for that and be able to see them on Christmas morning, then we'll go celebrate with Beau's family, where we'll ring in the New Year!
We hope everyone is enjoying the season. It's a fun, busy time of the year. We are so grateful that Christ was born, bringing hope to the world. We are very blessed by the sacrifices He made. Rejoice is my favorite Christmas word because we have so much to be happy about. We wish you all the very best through this season, and through out the year!
5 comments:
Cute pictures. I am glad that we both get you guys at Christmas this year.
Cherice
How fun! Thanks for sharing this great little message. I needed it today! Go orange tree!
You and I are kindred spirits because as soon as you started saying the things that you named things I thought, "man, that reminds me of the lake of shimmering waters from Anne of Green Gables" and lo and behold that is where you got your inspiration (I swear I figured it out before you mentioned it in your post). You and Beau are so dang cute together. Sheesh. Happy one year anniversary of getting engaged soon.
I didn't know you two were coming up for Christmas. I'm so excited. That is going to make your Mom's day:) Lets all get together while you are up here!
How fun!! Sounds like a great night! I, too, LOVE Anne!! In fact, I want to name my first daughter after her!! Anyway!
Hey, it is always so fun to see you every sunday! How fun to be in the same Stake!
Post a Comment